Although we only had a shortened sailing season for 2019-2020, racing did get off to a lively start in November 2019 and four series were completed, plus the Tarwin River Marathon. A very sociable crowd of members and friends gathered on 28th December for presentation of Awards, with a BYO BBQ and a few coldies to bring a challenging year to a close. Thanks as always to Susan and our ever helpful kitchen crew for the salads and cake and to Ivan for reluctantly supervising the barbie!
Key series results based on BCY handicap are:
- Leongatha Toyota Series – Shaun Freeman (Taipan 4.9)
- Commodore’s Cup – Wayne Smith (Windrush)
- John Parry Memorial Series – Shaun Freeman
- Serious Surf Stuff Summer Series – John Honeybone (Sabre)
- Tarwin River Marathon – Noel Owen (Impulse 6.6)
Club Champions 2019-20 (based on VYC Yardstick):
- A Division – Rob McNair (Windrush)
- B Division – Matt Kiely (Impulse)
- C Division – John Honeybone (Sabre)
- Most Improved “Ralph Drake Brockman Trophy” – Shaun Freeman
- Overall Club Champion – Matt Kiely
- Best Club Member – George Fairlie
Jeff Cole faced fierce competition from other would-be hopefuls to take out the NASA Award – oops!