This section of our website enables Club members and friends of the ICWDR to post Sale/Wanted/Free-to-good-home adverts covering dinghies, fittings and memorabilia. Please email your advert along with any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
⛵ Solo by Jack Holt
Classic ‘Solo’ single-handed sailing dinghy, Sail No. 2604.
- Fiberglass hull and topsides
- Fully battened sail, Sail area 8.36 sq. metres (90 sq. ft.)
- Spare storm sail
- Aluminium mast/boom
- Length 3.78 metres (12ft. 5in.), width 1.55 metres (5ft. 3in.).
- All fittings replaced and/or refurbished
- Easy to rig by one person
The ‘Solo’ is a classic, one-design, single handed dinghy. Designed by Jack Holt, the ‘Solo’ remains a popular dinghy, sailed at many clubs in the UK, Holland and Australia.Why a ‘Solo’? … Has large cockpit, large sail area and wide comfortable decks making it ideal for the heavy or tall sailor, or for 2-up training and fun. Looks great. Very responsive and easy to sail. Great fun to sail, whether beginner or advanced. VG Condition. Comes with a launching trolley in VGC. $750 neg. Need to make room for new projects!
Contact Simon Wilson on 0425833631
⛵ VJ 9016 “WALKAWAY”
FOR SALE – VJ 9016 “WALKAWAY” formally “RUNAWAY” built around the 1980’s. Pictures taken 28/7/2018 @ Belmont Lake, Macquarie, NSW. Ready to sail.
- 7 jibs mostly the big jib that was introduced in the late 80’s
- 6 main sails late 80s shape
- 1 mylar main torn at bottom for repair or for the battens
- 4 Spinnakers double luff
- 2 Spinnakers single luff, one old style and one new style
- 2 SUPASPAR masts fully rigged. One had very little use
- 2 centre boards wooden. & 2 rudders
- 2 booms one with spinnaker pole launcher and one with the old double ended spinnaker pole
- 2 sets of planks and one spare gunwale to gunwale one centre plank pony style new
- Lots of fittings
I have lots pictures of the sails etc. If you or someone you know is interested please contact Bill Clayton on 02 9533 3959, or email email@example.com.